Patrolapart Pty Ltd (the Company) is covered by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended). The APPs govern the way that we collect, use, disclose, secure and provide access to personal information.
The Company will review this policy from time to time, to update and continually improve our processes. If this policy is amended at any time, the updated version will be posted on our website at www.navarapart.com.au and www.patrolapart.com.au
Purpose of the Policy
The Company takes its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended) seriously. We have privacy obligations to our customers and to the public who use the services provided by the Company.
Collection of Personal Information
The Company does not collect personal information unless it is necessary. We only collect personal information by means that are lawful, fair and unobtrusive. When practicable, personal information will only be collected from the individual concerned.
The type of information that the Company collects about you will depend on the nature of the service provided. When you contact the Company, you may provide us with any of the following types of personal information:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Telephone and facsimile number
- Credit card and other bank details
- Occupation, position or job title
- Driver’ Licence details
- Details required during purchase/sale transactions of motor vehicles, and
- Other information which may be collected when you visit our website to read or download information, which may include your server address, domain name, the date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and the information downloaded.
Use or Disclosure of Personal Information
The Company will only use or disclose your personal information for the primary purpose of collection, or a related purpose, or where we are required or permitted to do so by law or where you have provided consent.
In addition, the Company uses your information when advising you about our products and services, or upcoming events at the Company. the Company will not provide your personal information to any other organisation for marketing purposes without your consent.
With your consent we may disclose your information to:
- Outsourced service providers including but not limited to printing houses and mail-out services (Australia Post, courier/freight companies, intermediary companies), billing and debt recovery services, financial institutions and information technology services
- Professional advisors such as lawyers, accountants and auditors
- Government authorities as required or authorised by law, and
- Related Motor Trades Associations in other Australian States.
The Company does not disclose personal information to any overseas organisations.
Data Quality, Storage and Security
The Company will endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is complete, accurate and up to date. In order to assist us to achieve this, it is important that you advise Patrolapart Pty Ltd when your details change.
The Company may store your information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our service providers. the Company will take all reasonable steps to protect personal information from loss, misuse, or unauthorised access.
Some of the steps the Company has taken to protect the security of your personal information include:
- Computer and network security including passwords and other electronic barriers
- Physical restrictions on access to personal information such as security doors and fireproof safes
If you have any concerns about the way your complaint is being handled, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on: 1300 363 992